Social Security Disability, Virginia and Mid-Atlantic
Our Practice Areas
At Suyes Law, we provide the following legal services.
Social Security Disability
- Social Security Disability Insurance for adults with sufficient work credits
- Disabled Adult Child benefits for adults disabled before age 22 and with a retired, deceased, or disabled parent.
- Supplemental Security Income for adults
- Disabled Widow(er)'s Benefits for adults disabled within 7 years of a spouse's death, if married for 10 years
- Disabled Divorced Spouse Benefits for adults disabled within 7 years of their ex-spouse's death, if married for 10 years
Social Security Disability Lawyer
About Suyes Law
Joanna grew up in Chesterfield County, Virginia, received an M.Div. from the Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond, and earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Richmond School of Law. Before becoming a lawyer, she worked for 17 years as a paralegal handling personal injury claims. She worked as an attorney for Marks & Harrison for 16 years before starting her own Social Security Disability-focused law practice.
Joanna is a past chair of the Social Security Law section of the American Association for Justice and a member of both the National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives and the Social Security section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.